Friday, June 6, 2008

Salute to Our Troops

Life has been crazy over the past few weeks and I'm sorry for just now posting pictures and details from Salute to Our Troops.

The day began for me at 5 a.m. and an hour and a half drive to Fort Benning. Upon arrival and check in, I prepared for what I thought would be a day of photo opts...I was mistaken. As if I was not already sore from a tough day before at the gym, it only got worse. I was not about to tell that drill sargent that I was too sore to run and do pushups! After a short glimpse into what our day we be like, we ended a photo shoot, "grounded" our crowns and blindly headed off to our first challenge.



The obstacle course! Wow...it was much more difficult than it looked. However, we all pushed through and Squad 1, which of course was mine, came out ahead of the rest!




The next part of our day was by far my favorite...snipper practice! I got to shoot an M-16 and throw a hand grenade!! We were trained by the soldiers themselves which was even more special. These men are AMAZING!! Below is a picture of myself and my battle buddy for the day, Danielle Clary - Miss Golden Isles.



The rest of our day was spent having lunch with the troops and getting to visit with them in various areas of the base. Our day ended with a show put on by all the girls. It was the best crowd I have ever performed for because these soldiers were so excited to have us there!

No comments: